Hey, OTR: Sola’s back in the neighborhood, and she’s ready to blow your mind.
Those of you lucky enough to have caught Crumble (Lay Me Down, Justin Timberlake) at Cincy Fringe 2014 have already gotten a taste of what Sola Thompson (Vivian) is capable of: she appeared as The Apartment, thanks to her stint as a member of Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati’s powerhouse Acting Intern Company.
Once her internship was complete, Know Theatre was lucky enough to snap Sola up for this challenging, brave, and surprisingly funny role—and, based on her work so far, we see a bright future for this young performer.
Here’s what Sola has to say about her latest role in Harry & The Thief.
1. What do you love most about playing your character, Vivian?
Vivian rejects the destiny forced upon her. Instead, she unapologetically creates her own destiny and follows it wholeheartedly.
2. What would Vivian’s action-movie theme song be?
Survivor by Destiny’s Child.
3. Why should audiences root for your character?
Because Vivian runs in the same circle with Harriet Tubman. You don’t want to root against Harriet Tubman, do you?
4. Say someone sent you back in time to change the course of history: Who would you go to find and what would you do?
After much thought, I think I’d much rather leave the past as is. My focus is on the future.
5. In 50 words or less, why should Cincinnati come out to see Harry & The Thief?
Because Cincinnati has not seen anything quite like this before. Harry & The Thief will make you laugh hard, ponder exactly what is making you laugh, and then laugh some more.